For Course 2: Structured Literacy/ Orton-Gillingham for Literacy Instruction the participant will:
1) List at least four characteristics of research-backed language-literacy interventions.
2) List at least four characteristics of a structured literacy therapy session.
3) Define these characteristics of structured literacy intervention and explain the importance of each:
- systematic & structured
4) Administer two online assessments of word reading.
5) Describe a process-oriented language-literacy assessment and how it differs from a traditional approach to evaluation.
6) Identify the linguistic level of specific word elements in the Lexercise (O-G) scope & sequence and relate them to the expectations reflected in the Common Core State Standards (CCSS).
7) Use assessment data to place a mock client at the appropriate beginning level of Lexercise.
8) Create a structured literacy therapy plan for a mock client.
For more information see this post.
Note: Course 1 is a pre-requisite to take Course 2.